Jan 16, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Hughes is in his third year of arbitration eligiblily. He made $2.7 million in 2011 and $3.2 million in 2012. If the Yankees don’t lock him at some point this season, he will hit free agency in the fall.
Hughes posted a decent 4.23 ERA and 1.27 WHIP across 32 starts last summer, fanning 165 batters and issuing only 46 walks. The 26-year-old owns a 4.39 career ERA and a 1.29 career WHIP through his first six major league seasons.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)