Jan 16, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Hughes is in his third year of arbitration eligiblily. He made $2.7 million in 2011 and $3.2 million in 2012. If the Yankees don’t lock him at some point this season, he will hit free agency in the fall.
Hughes posted a decent 4.23 ERA and 1.27 WHIP across 32 starts last summer, fanning 165 batters and issuing only 46 walks. The 26-year-old owns a 4.39 career ERA and a 1.29 career WHIP through his first six major league seasons.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)