Derek Jeter cleared for baseball activities

Jan 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT

In his case that means jump-throws and ranging just short of balls to his left, correct?

Sorry. Cheap, I know. But you knew I was cheap when you clicked over here this morning. Anyway:

Jeter turns 39 in June. He hit .316/.362/.429 with 15 home runs, 58 RBI and a .791 OPS last season.

1. bklynbaseball - Jan 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM

That’s right…….”HATE, HATE, HATE!!!!” (Just beating all the Yankee haters to the punch)

2. mybrunoblog - Jan 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM

The sun will rise today, the earth will spin and Jeter will be playing SS on opening day at Yankee Stadium. Why would anyone doubt such things?

• fanofevilempire - Jan 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Jetes always comes thru.
      only the haters doubt.
      I was thinking about the day he is eligible for the HOF, imagine what will happen.

oh boy!

• cackalackyank - Jan 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Given what we are seeing HOF wise, I am certain that there is aready a group in the BBWA that is already working on their columns for Jan. 2020 explaining why they didn’t vote for him and feel he should wait a couple years.

3. deathmonkey41 - Jan 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Leave A-Rod alone!!! ….Oh, wait….

• fanofevilempire - Jan 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM

alex has to leave the blondes alone, they keep blowing out his hips.

oh boy!

4. Francisco (FC) - Jan 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I initially read this as: In his case that means jump-throws and ranging just short of his balls to the left, correct?

5. banger60 - Jan 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM

stay away from all you can eat buffets, we need you, especially this season

6. Roger Moore - Jan 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Good news for Captain Jetes. I hope he stays healthy and productive for another six or seven years, plenty long enough for him to dethrone Pete Rose as the Hit King.

• cackalackyank - Jan 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I hear ya, but I sincerely doubt that he plays beyond exercising his player option for 2014. Also, the interesting thing is that if his recovery from this ankle injury is something less than to his standards, Jeter can walk away and likely retire with two other great Yankees; Andy Pettitte and Mo. My memory is not perfect by any stretch, but I think he is already on record from the time of his chase for #3000 that he would not be likely to extend his career in order to capture the all time hits record. As much we all hate to see it come, Jeter’s playing career will end, and that day is much likely sooner than six or seven years hence.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2860)