Jan 17, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Sipp was arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason after posting a 4.42 ERA and 51/23 K/BB ratio over 55 innings with the Indians in 2012. The 29-year-old owns a 3.68 ERA over his first four seasons in the big leagues. Right-handed batters have a .727 OPS against him during his career compared to a .706 OPS by same-side hitters.
Acquired in December as part of a three-team trade with the Indians and Reds, Sipp is projected to join Matt Reynolds as left-handers out of Arizona’s bullpen in 2013.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)