Jan 17, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Sipp was arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason after posting a 4.42 ERA and 51/23 K/BB ratio over 55 innings with the Indians in 2012. The 29-year-old owns a 3.68 ERA over his first four seasons in the big leagues. Right-handed batters have a .727 OPS against him during his career compared to a .706 OPS by same-side hitters.
Acquired in December as part of a three-team trade with the Indians and Reds, Sipp is projected to join Matt Reynolds as left-handers out of Arizona’s bullpen in 2013.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)