Jan 17, 2013, 9:32 PM EST
Sipp was arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason after posting a 4.42 ERA and 51/23 K/BB ratio over 55 innings with the Indians in 2012. The 29-year-old owns a 3.68 ERA over his first four seasons in the big leagues. Right-handed batters have a .727 OPS against him during his career compared to a .706 OPS by same-side hitters.
Acquired in December as part of a three-team trade with the Indians and Reds, Sipp is projected to join Matt Reynolds as left-handers out of Arizona’s bullpen in 2013.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40