Jan 17, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Sipp was arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason after posting a 4.42 ERA and 51/23 K/BB ratio over 55 innings with the Indians in 2012. The 29-year-old owns a 3.68 ERA over his first four seasons in the big leagues. Right-handed batters have a .727 OPS against him during his career compared to a .706 OPS by same-side hitters.
Acquired in December as part of a three-team trade with the Indians and Reds, Sipp is projected to join Matt Reynolds as left-handers out of Arizona’s bullpen in 2013.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)