Jan 17, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Sipp was arbitration-eligible for the first time this offseason after posting a 4.42 ERA and 51/23 K/BB ratio over 55 innings with the Indians in 2012. The 29-year-old owns a 3.68 ERA over his first four seasons in the big leagues. Right-handed batters have a .727 OPS against him during his career compared to a .706 OPS by same-side hitters.
Acquired in December as part of a three-team trade with the Indians and Reds, Sipp is projected to join Matt Reynolds as left-handers out of Arizona’s bullpen in 2013.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming