Jan 17, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
And the Cardinals are probably very happy about that–and maybe even had something to do with it–considering Garcia struggled with shoulder problems last season and has a long injury history.
Last month general manager John Mozeliak said he was happy to hear that Garcia felt strong enough physically to potentially pitch in the WBC. However, it’s pretty easy to see that Garcia is exactly the type of pitcher who shouldn’t be interested in tacking on any more innings than necessary.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)