Jan 17, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
And the Cardinals are probably very happy about that–and maybe even had something to do with it–considering Garcia struggled with shoulder problems last season and has a long injury history.
Last month general manager John Mozeliak said he was happy to hear that Garcia felt strong enough physically to potentially pitch in the WBC. However, it’s pretty easy to see that Garcia is exactly the type of pitcher who shouldn’t be interested in tacking on any more innings than necessary.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)