Jan 17, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
And the Cardinals are probably very happy about that–and maybe even had something to do with it–considering Garcia struggled with shoulder problems last season and has a long injury history.
Last month general manager John Mozeliak said he was happy to hear that Garcia felt strong enough physically to potentially pitch in the WBC. However, it’s pretty easy to see that Garcia is exactly the type of pitcher who shouldn’t be interested in tacking on any more innings than necessary.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 43
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 67
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead