Jan 17, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
Garza gets a slight raise from the $9.5 million salary he made last season. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a 3.91 ERA and 96/32 K/BB ratio over 103 2/3 innings before being shut down in mid-July with a stress reaction in his right elbow.
Garza has resumed throwing and is expected to be ready for spring training, but he could become a valuable trade chip if he proves his health. He’s currently set to become a free agent following the 2013 season.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)