Jan 17, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
Garza gets a slight raise from the $9.5 million salary he made last season. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a 3.91 ERA and 96/32 K/BB ratio over 103 2/3 innings before being shut down in mid-July with a stress reaction in his right elbow.
Garza has resumed throwing and is expected to be ready for spring training, but he could become a valuable trade chip if he proves his health. He’s currently set to become a free agent following the 2013 season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 25
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)