Jan 17, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
Garza gets a slight raise from the $9.5 million salary he made last season. The 29-year-old right-hander posted a 3.91 ERA and 96/32 K/BB ratio over 103 2/3 innings before being shut down in mid-July with a stress reaction in his right elbow.
Garza has resumed throwing and is expected to be ready for spring training, but he could become a valuable trade chip if he proves his health. He’s currently set to become a free agent following the 2013 season.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)