Jan 17, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Ondrusek was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter as a Super Two player, so the agreement buys out his first two years of eligibility. He remains under team control through the 2016 season.
Ondrusek, who turns 28 in February, posted a 3.46 ERA and 39/31 K/BB ratio over 54 2/3 innings last season. With a 3.45 ERA over his first three seasons in the big leagues, he has seemingly carved out a nice niche for himself as a middle reliever, but he’s unlikely to have similar success moving forward if his walk rate continues to increase annually.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 55
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)