Jan 17, 2013, 10:03 PM EDT
Ondrusek was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter as a Super Two player, so the agreement buys out his first two years of eligibility. He remains under team control through the 2016 season.
Ondrusek, who turns 28 in February, posted a 3.46 ERA and 39/31 K/BB ratio over 54 2/3 innings last season. With a 3.45 ERA over his first three seasons in the big leagues, he has seemingly carved out a nice niche for himself as a middle reliever, but he’s unlikely to have similar success moving forward if his walk rate continues to increase annually.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead