Jan 18, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
Not only was A-Rod’s hip surgery a success, it brought about some good news too. From the Daily News:
Alex Rodriguez’s surgeon, Dr. Bryan Kelly, told the Yankees that he discovered less cartilage damage in A-Rod’s hip than expected, a good sign that the third baseman will have fewer complications as he tries to come back, a source said.
“It was minimal,” the source said. “Now it’s up to his rehab.”
That doesn’t necessarily change the rehab time. It just makes the rehab less complicated. Either way, good news.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)