Jan 18, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
Not only was A-Rod’s hip surgery a success, it brought about some good news too. From the Daily News:
Alex Rodriguez’s surgeon, Dr. Bryan Kelly, told the Yankees that he discovered less cartilage damage in A-Rod’s hip than expected, a good sign that the third baseman will have fewer complications as he tries to come back, a source said.
“It was minimal,” the source said. “Now it’s up to his rehab.”
That doesn’t necessarily change the rehab time. It just makes the rehab less complicated. Either way, good news.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)