Jan 18, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
Not only was A-Rod’s hip surgery a success, it brought about some good news too. From the Daily News:
Alex Rodriguez’s surgeon, Dr. Bryan Kelly, told the Yankees that he discovered less cartilage damage in A-Rod’s hip than expected, a good sign that the third baseman will have fewer complications as he tries to come back, a source said.
“It was minimal,” the source said. “Now it’s up to his rehab.”
That doesn’t necessarily change the rehab time. It just makes the rehab less complicated. Either way, good news.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)