Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give.
We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day.
• Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million
• Antonio Bastardo and the Phillies: $1.45 million
• Gregor Blanco and the Giants: $1.35 million
• Sam Fuld and the Rays: $725,000
• Troy Patton and the Orioles: $815,000
• Joe Smith and the Indians: $3.15 million
• Tommy Hanson and the Angels: $3.725 million
• John Axford and the Brewers: $5 million
• John Baker and the Padres: $930,000
• Jonny Venters and the Braves: $1.625 million
• Boone Logan and the Yankees: $3.15 million
• Brian Duensing and the Twins: $1.3 million
• Luke Hochevar and the Royals: $4.56 million
• Matt Joyce and the Rays: $2.45 million
• Ryan Roberts and the Rays: $2.95 million
• Bud Norris and the Astros: $3 million
• Gordon Beckham and the White Sox: $2.925 million
• Ryan Webb and the Marlins: $975,000
• Doug Fister and the Tigers: $4 million
• Austin Jackson and the Tigers: $3.5 million
• Alex Avila and the Tigers: $2.95 million
• Alejandro De Aza and the White Sox: $2.075 million
• Rick Porcello and the Tigers: $5.1 millon
• Kendrys Morales and the Mariners: $5.25 million
• Chris Davis and the Orioles: $3.3 million
• Brian Matusz and the Orioles: $1.6 million
• Jason Heyward and the Braves: $3.65 million
• Matt Albers and the Indians: $1.75 million
• Kris Medlen and the Braves: $2.6 million
• Marco Estrada and the Brewers: $1.955 million
• Burke Badenhop and the Brewers: $1.55 million
• Ian Kennedy and the Diamondbacks: $4.265 million
• Brendan Ryan and the Mariners: $3.25 million
• Tyler Colvin and the Rockies: $2.275 million
• Ronald Belisario and the Dodgers: $1.45 million
• A.J. Ellis and the Dodgers: $2 million
• Phil Coke and the Tigers: $1.85 million
• Brennan Boesch and the Tigers: $2.3 million
• Justin Masterson and the Indians: $5.687 million
• Ian Desmond and the Nationals: $3.8 million
• James Russell and the Cubs: $1.075 million
• Jeff Samardzija and the Cubs: $2.64 million
• Alfredo Aceves and the Red Sox: $2.65 million
• Jason Vargas and the Angels: $8.5 million
• Edinson Volquez and the Padres: $5.725 million
• Andrew Bailey and the Red Sox: $4.1 million
• Daniel Bard and the Red Sox: $1.8625 million
• Franklin Morales and the Red Sox: $1.4875 million
• Andrew Miller and the Red Sox: $1.475 million
Sep 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
A Phillies pitching prospect violated the minor league drug policy and was suspended 50 games, beginning at the start of the 2015 season.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Russell Martin hit a timely three-run home run to send the Pirates to a late win over the Brewers on Friday night, extending their lead for the second NL Wild Card slot.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
David Ortiz found yet another reason to hear his name uttered in the same breath as Ted Williams.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Jacoby Ellsbury suffered a strained right hamstring in the fourth inning on Friday night against the Blue Jays. He’ll undergo an MRI to determine the severity of the injury.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Angels’ rotation is thin beyond Matt Shoemaker, Jered Weaver, and C.J. Wilson, so manager Mike Scioscia may do the obvious thing and utilize a three-man rotation in the ALDS.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
There isn’t much time left in the regular season, which may mean Mets fans won’t see Juan Lagares patrol the outfield until spring training in 2015.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
Perkins, who had a 2.44 ERA as recently as August 25, finishes the season with a 3.65 ERA and 66/11 K/BB ratio in 62 innings while saving 34 games.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Get well soon, Stretch.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu didn’t throw as expected on Friday, but hopes to do so before the weekend is over. He’s hoping to return to the Dodgers in time for the playoffs.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Los Angeles is 22-4 with Kershaw on the mound this season.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Alex Avila felt disoriented while swinging a bat over the last two days, so he remains out of the Tigers’ lineup and it’s even worth questioning if he’ll be ready for the post-season — assuming the Tigers get there.
Sep 19, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has been out since mid-July with a hamstring injury.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Basically, we want everyone in the NL to finish with 88 wins.
Sep 19, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Konerko has hit just .220 with five homers and a .616 OPS in 74 games.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
What do you get the man who has everything? A bronzed version of the stuff he already has!
Sep 19, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
He has two years remaining on a three-year, $26 million contract.
Sep 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Because if Clayton Kershaw needs anything, he needs a bunch of run support.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Kevin Gauzman has been fantastic for the Orioles, posting a 3.57 ERA with just five homers allowed in 18 starts as a 23-year-old rookie.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
If you have to haze, at least get some coffee out of the deal.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)