Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give.
We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day.
• Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million
• Antonio Bastardo and the Phillies: $1.45 million
• Gregor Blanco and the Giants: $1.35 million
• Sam Fuld and the Rays: $725,000
• Troy Patton and the Orioles: $815,000
• Joe Smith and the Indians: $3.15 million
• Tommy Hanson and the Angels: $3.725 million
• John Axford and the Brewers: $5 million
• John Baker and the Padres: $930,000
• Jonny Venters and the Braves: $1.625 million
• Boone Logan and the Yankees: $3.15 million
• Brian Duensing and the Twins: $1.3 million
• Luke Hochevar and the Royals: $4.56 million
• Matt Joyce and the Rays: $2.45 million
• Ryan Roberts and the Rays: $2.95 million
• Bud Norris and the Astros: $3 million
• Gordon Beckham and the White Sox: $2.925 million
• Ryan Webb and the Marlins: $975,000
• Doug Fister and the Tigers: $4 million
• Austin Jackson and the Tigers: $3.5 million
• Alex Avila and the Tigers: $2.95 million
• Alejandro De Aza and the White Sox: $2.075 million
• Rick Porcello and the Tigers: $5.1 millon
• Kendrys Morales and the Mariners: $5.25 million
• Chris Davis and the Orioles: $3.3 million
• Brian Matusz and the Orioles: $1.6 million
• Jason Heyward and the Braves: $3.65 million
• Matt Albers and the Indians: $1.75 million
• Kris Medlen and the Braves: $2.6 million
• Marco Estrada and the Brewers: $1.955 million
• Burke Badenhop and the Brewers: $1.55 million
• Ian Kennedy and the Diamondbacks: $4.265 million
• Brendan Ryan and the Mariners: $3.25 million
• Tyler Colvin and the Rockies: $2.275 million
• Ronald Belisario and the Dodgers: $1.45 million
• A.J. Ellis and the Dodgers: $2 million
• Phil Coke and the Tigers: $1.85 million
• Brennan Boesch and the Tigers: $2.3 million
• Justin Masterson and the Indians: $5.687 million
• Ian Desmond and the Nationals: $3.8 million
• James Russell and the Cubs: $1.075 million
• Jeff Samardzija and the Cubs: $2.64 million
• Alfredo Aceves and the Red Sox: $2.65 million
• Jason Vargas and the Angels: $8.5 million
• Edinson Volquez and the Padres: $5.725 million
• Andrew Bailey and the Red Sox: $4.1 million
• Daniel Bard and the Red Sox: $1.8625 million
• Franklin Morales and the Red Sox: $1.4875 million
• Andrew Miller and the Red Sox: $1.475 million
Mar 3, 2015, 10:57 PM EST
It was a successful afternoon in pretty much every way at Fenway South. Except maybe one …
Mar 3, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
The expectation is that he will have to sit out the entire 2015 season.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
The deal does not include an invitation to major league spring training, so Beato won’t be under consideration for one of the spots in the Orioles’ Opening Day bullpen.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:28 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes made his presence felt around Tigers camp with this fourth-inning grand slam in Tuesday afternoon’s Grapefruit League opener against the visiting Orioles …
Mar 3, 2015, 6:32 PM EST
He can be solid rotation depth for some team.
Mar 3, 2015, 5:46 PM EST
Kang hit .356 with 40 homers in Korea last season.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:15 PM EST
Because, if he does, David Wright and Bobby Parnell are gonna go kick his butt.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:54 PM EST
Unless someone gets injured, spring training game results don’t matter a bit. But they are a reminder that everyone starts from square one each season. No matter how well they ended the season before.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Johnson made the All-Star team in 1970 and went on to win the batting championship by hitting .329, marking his third straight season with a batting average above .300.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He was only 52.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EST
Baseball has officially started, but opinions on pants vary.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Also: there is baseball — honest to goodness baseball — on TV right now.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
As a man who knows from hanging around in loungewear all day, I can tell you: this is cool.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:06 PM EST
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but whatever.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EST
Will he be the same Tanaka this spring?
Mar 3, 2015, 11:03 AM EST
The million a year helped, but Chamberlain’s son provided the definitive push back to Detroit.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:48 AM EST
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson was asked about a Dillon Gee trade rumor that made the internet rounds Monday night.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Which would be a little ahead of schedule.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:10 AM EST
Dozier is making the minimum salary for this season and would then be under team control via arbitration for 2016-2018.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
The Daily News is gonna Daily News
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)