Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give.
We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day.
• Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million
• Antonio Bastardo and the Phillies: $1.45 million
• Gregor Blanco and the Giants: $1.35 million
• Sam Fuld and the Rays: $725,000
• Troy Patton and the Orioles: $815,000
• Joe Smith and the Indians: $3.15 million
• Tommy Hanson and the Angels: $3.725 million
• John Axford and the Brewers: $5 million
• John Baker and the Padres: $930,000
• Jonny Venters and the Braves: $1.625 million
• Boone Logan and the Yankees: $3.15 million
• Brian Duensing and the Twins: $1.3 million
• Luke Hochevar and the Royals: $4.56 million
• Matt Joyce and the Rays: $2.45 million
• Ryan Roberts and the Rays: $2.95 million
• Bud Norris and the Astros: $3 million
• Gordon Beckham and the White Sox: $2.925 million
• Ryan Webb and the Marlins: $975,000
• Doug Fister and the Tigers: $4 million
• Austin Jackson and the Tigers: $3.5 million
• Alex Avila and the Tigers: $2.95 million
• Alejandro De Aza and the White Sox: $2.075 million
• Rick Porcello and the Tigers: $5.1 millon
• Kendrys Morales and the Mariners: $5.25 million
• Chris Davis and the Orioles: $3.3 million
• Brian Matusz and the Orioles: $1.6 million
• Jason Heyward and the Braves: $3.65 million
• Matt Albers and the Indians: $1.75 million
• Kris Medlen and the Braves: $2.6 million
• Marco Estrada and the Brewers: $1.955 million
• Burke Badenhop and the Brewers: $1.55 million
• Ian Kennedy and the Diamondbacks: $4.265 million
• Brendan Ryan and the Mariners: $3.25 million
• Tyler Colvin and the Rockies: $2.275 million
• Ronald Belisario and the Dodgers: $1.45 million
• A.J. Ellis and the Dodgers: $2 million
• Phil Coke and the Tigers: $1.85 million
• Brennan Boesch and the Tigers: $2.3 million
• Justin Masterson and the Indians: $5.687 million
• Ian Desmond and the Nationals: $3.8 million
• James Russell and the Cubs: $1.075 million
• Jeff Samardzija and the Cubs: $2.64 million
• Alfredo Aceves and the Red Sox: $2.65 million
• Jason Vargas and the Angels: $8.5 million
• Edinson Volquez and the Padres: $5.725 million
• Andrew Bailey and the Red Sox: $4.1 million
• Daniel Bard and the Red Sox: $1.8625 million
• Franklin Morales and the Red Sox: $1.4875 million
• Andrew Miller and the Red Sox: $1.475 million
Apr 24, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a couple of moves to make room for reliever Sergio Santos, called up on Friday.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Hisashi Iwakuma is dealing with a strained right lat muscle.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
The Mets have lost for the first time since April 11.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Michael Saunders should be activated from the disabled list by the Blue Jays on Saturday.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Wandy Rodriguez is starting on Friday night against the Angels.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:27 PM EDT
Hamilton’s return to Texas is the best-case scenario
Apr 24, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Mets reliever Bobby Parnell won’t throw for a week as he experienced forearm tightness during his Tommy John rehab.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
The Angels and Josh Hamilton are reportedly parting ways.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
Bonus of Tommy John rehab: more time to study for your naturalization test.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
To be fair, the guy was being a jackwagon.
Rob Manfred was asked again about the leaks in the Josh Hamilton case. His answers weren’t much better.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Two weeks ago he said there would be no investigation. No he says the league has “tried mightily” to figure out the leaks. Really?
Apr 24, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Yelich, who agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract this spring, was off to a slow start by hitting .200 with zero homers and a .488 OPS through 11 games.
Apr 24, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
A-Rod’s habit of destroying narratives explains an awful lot about why reporters have developed a habit of destroying A-Rod.
Apr 24, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT
That leaves Everth Cabrera and Jimmy Paredes as the Orioles’ double-play duo.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
“Too spongy, slow and lots of untrue hops”
Apr 24, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Papelbon’s exclusive interview with Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
But even if it’s successful, it may not do what he wants it to do.
Apr 24, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Allen Dykstra, who filled in for Loney at first base, is headed back to Triple-A.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Parker has been aiming at an early June return to the A’s.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
“That guy I despise got the benefit of the legal process! What a bunch of bull!”
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)