Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give.
We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day.
• Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million
• Antonio Bastardo and the Phillies: $1.45 million
• Gregor Blanco and the Giants: $1.35 million
• Sam Fuld and the Rays: $725,000
• Troy Patton and the Orioles: $815,000
• Joe Smith and the Indians: $3.15 million
• Tommy Hanson and the Angels: $3.725 million
• John Axford and the Brewers: $5 million
• John Baker and the Padres: $930,000
• Jonny Venters and the Braves: $1.625 million
• Boone Logan and the Yankees: $3.15 million
• Brian Duensing and the Twins: $1.3 million
• Luke Hochevar and the Royals: $4.56 million
• Matt Joyce and the Rays: $2.45 million
• Ryan Roberts and the Rays: $2.95 million
• Bud Norris and the Astros: $3 million
• Gordon Beckham and the White Sox: $2.925 million
• Ryan Webb and the Marlins: $975,000
• Doug Fister and the Tigers: $4 million
• Austin Jackson and the Tigers: $3.5 million
• Alex Avila and the Tigers: $2.95 million
• Alejandro De Aza and the White Sox: $2.075 million
• Rick Porcello and the Tigers: $5.1 millon
• Kendrys Morales and the Mariners: $5.25 million
• Chris Davis and the Orioles: $3.3 million
• Brian Matusz and the Orioles: $1.6 million
• Jason Heyward and the Braves: $3.65 million
• Matt Albers and the Indians: $1.75 million
• Kris Medlen and the Braves: $2.6 million
• Marco Estrada and the Brewers: $1.955 million
• Burke Badenhop and the Brewers: $1.55 million
• Ian Kennedy and the Diamondbacks: $4.265 million
• Brendan Ryan and the Mariners: $3.25 million
• Tyler Colvin and the Rockies: $2.275 million
• Ronald Belisario and the Dodgers: $1.45 million
• A.J. Ellis and the Dodgers: $2 million
• Phil Coke and the Tigers: $1.85 million
• Brennan Boesch and the Tigers: $2.3 million
• Justin Masterson and the Indians: $5.687 million
• Ian Desmond and the Nationals: $3.8 million
• James Russell and the Cubs: $1.075 million
• Jeff Samardzija and the Cubs: $2.64 million
• Alfredo Aceves and the Red Sox: $2.65 million
• Jason Vargas and the Angels: $8.5 million
• Edinson Volquez and the Padres: $5.725 million
• Andrew Bailey and the Red Sox: $4.1 million
• Daniel Bard and the Red Sox: $1.8625 million
• Franklin Morales and the Red Sox: $1.4875 million
• Andrew Miller and the Red Sox: $1.475 million
Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija unselfishly wants to get paid. It’s not as crazy as it sounds.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton does Giancarlo Stanton things.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
After consistent battles with his control, Donnie Veal ran out of chances with the White Sox.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Jason Bartlett will call it quits after playing shortstop in the big leagues over ten seasons.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
One of the most unlikely pitchers to throw a no-hitter is working on a no-hitter.
Apr 18, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Brewers got their first round pick from the 2006 draft back.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks will get some power back in their lineup as Cody Ross returns.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Ryan Roberts wasn’t hitting; Brock Holt was, so the Red Sox decided to make a change with Will Middlebrooks still recovering from an injury.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The Pirates and Mets each address their problems with an Ike Davis trade.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez only spent one day out of the lineup after being hit in the hand with a fastball.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Manny Machado could soon take the next step towards returning to third base for the Orioles.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:48 PM EDT
Left-hander Sean Doolittle and the A’s have agreed to a long-term contract that runs through at least 2018, with team options for 2019 and 2020.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Don’t look at me that way. It’s late afternoon on a Friday that a lot of people have off work. There’s a Reds-Cubs game one. Motivation is kinda hard to come by. Besides, this is kinda mesmerizing.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
This morning I wrote about how the Rangers had to be considering removing Tanner Scheppers from the rotation given his awful performance through four starts and now they’ve placed him on the disabled list with elbow inflammation.
Apr 18, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Dat Dude back pain.
Apr 18, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Out since February with a strained tendon in his middle finger, Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma threw a simulated game today without any problems and has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Bo Porter does not mince words when a TOOTBLAN happens.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman’s recovery from facial fractures has progressed to the point that the Reds left-hander has been cleared to throw live batting practice, according to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
In which I speculate why Garcia is heading across the ocean. The answer may surprise you! Unless you’ve ever had babies at home before, in which case you’ll go “yep, I woulda too.”
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)