Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give.
We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day.
• Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million
• Antonio Bastardo and the Phillies: $1.45 million
• Gregor Blanco and the Giants: $1.35 million
• Sam Fuld and the Rays: $725,000
• Troy Patton and the Orioles: $815,000
• Joe Smith and the Indians: $3.15 million
• Tommy Hanson and the Angels: $3.725 million
• John Axford and the Brewers: $5 million
• John Baker and the Padres: $930,000
• Jonny Venters and the Braves: $1.625 million
• Boone Logan and the Yankees: $3.15 million
• Brian Duensing and the Twins: $1.3 million
• Luke Hochevar and the Royals: $4.56 million
• Matt Joyce and the Rays: $2.45 million
• Ryan Roberts and the Rays: $2.95 million
• Bud Norris and the Astros: $3 million
• Gordon Beckham and the White Sox: $2.925 million
• Ryan Webb and the Marlins: $975,000
• Doug Fister and the Tigers: $4 million
• Austin Jackson and the Tigers: $3.5 million
• Alex Avila and the Tigers: $2.95 million
• Alejandro De Aza and the White Sox: $2.075 million
• Rick Porcello and the Tigers: $5.1 millon
• Kendrys Morales and the Mariners: $5.25 million
• Chris Davis and the Orioles: $3.3 million
• Brian Matusz and the Orioles: $1.6 million
• Jason Heyward and the Braves: $3.65 million
• Matt Albers and the Indians: $1.75 million
• Kris Medlen and the Braves: $2.6 million
• Marco Estrada and the Brewers: $1.955 million
• Burke Badenhop and the Brewers: $1.55 million
• Ian Kennedy and the Diamondbacks: $4.265 million
• Brendan Ryan and the Mariners: $3.25 million
• Tyler Colvin and the Rockies: $2.275 million
• Ronald Belisario and the Dodgers: $1.45 million
• A.J. Ellis and the Dodgers: $2 million
• Phil Coke and the Tigers: $1.85 million
• Brennan Boesch and the Tigers: $2.3 million
• Justin Masterson and the Indians: $5.687 million
• Ian Desmond and the Nationals: $3.8 million
• James Russell and the Cubs: $1.075 million
• Jeff Samardzija and the Cubs: $2.64 million
• Alfredo Aceves and the Red Sox: $2.65 million
• Jason Vargas and the Angels: $8.5 million
• Edinson Volquez and the Padres: $5.725 million
• Andrew Bailey and the Red Sox: $4.1 million
• Daniel Bard and the Red Sox: $1.8625 million
• Franklin Morales and the Red Sox: $1.4875 million
• Andrew Miller and the Red Sox: $1.475 million
Dec 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
A good way to finish off our Christmas Eve coverage on HardballTalk …
Dec 24, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
The sought-after 26-year-old right-hander has now officially re-signed with the Hiroshima Carp for the 2015 season, according to the Japan Times.
Dec 24, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Ben Badler of Baseball America reports that the Rockies have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with outfielder Roger Bernadina.
Dec 24, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town. Well, except for Mr. Potter. That guy is LOADED.
Dec 24, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
No, really. The news broke on line at a Honeybaked Ham store.
Dec 24, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Based on these results, no, we will not stick to baseball. Because you clearly don’t want us to.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Buck Showalter found a way to get value out of Young in a part-time role.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
Zobrist has been a regular for the Rays since 2008.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Money don’t get everything it’s true. But what it don’t get, I can’t use
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 24, 2014, 9:14 AM EST
Dirty secret: baseball isn’t always about winning. Even when the Yankees are involved.
Dec 23, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
“NHL Live” on NBC Sports Network ended a segment Tuesday night with this time-lapse video of Nationals Park being converted from a baseball field into an ice rink for next week’s 2015 NHL Winter Classic between the Washington Capitals and visiting Chicago Blackhawks …
Dec 23, 2014, 9:44 PM EST
As first reported by Matt Eddy of Baseball America, the Padres have agreed to terms on a minor league contract with first baseman Brett Wallace. The deal comes with an invitation to …
Dec 23, 2014, 8:31 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Braves have signed 38-year-old right-handed reliever Jason Grilli to a two-year, $8 million contract with a club option for 2017 …
Dec 23, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
19-year-old infield prospect Yoan Moncada defected from his native Cuba over the summer and was declared a free agent by Major League Baseball back in mid-November, but he is still waiting for official clearance from the United States’ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) …
Dec 23, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal was first to report that a deal was in place between the Cubs and veteran catcher David Ross, and now that agreement has been made official …
Dec 23, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Minnesota adds a right-handed reliever.
Dec 23, 2014, 4:42 PM EST
Yasiel Puig is slipping, man.
Dec 23, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
It was his second positive test for a “drug of abuse.”
Dec 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Claiborne has held his own as a big leaguer with a 3.79 ERA and 58/24 K/BB ratio in 71 career innings through age 26.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)