Jan 18, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Bad news: the Brewers just announced that Corey Hart will have right knee surgery next Tuesday. The recovery time: three to four months.
Hart missed time last year with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. It was his first season as the Brewers’ first baseman, where he took over for Prince Fielder. Mat Gamel will likely cover for him at first while he recovers.
Bad timing for Hart, who is in the last year of his contract and was looking for an extension for the Brewers. He’s going to have to prove his health and effectiveness first, however.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)