Jan 18, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Bad news: the Brewers just announced that Corey Hart will have right knee surgery next Tuesday. The recovery time: three to four months.
Hart missed time last year with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. It was his first season as the Brewers’ first baseman, where he took over for Prince Fielder. Mat Gamel will likely cover for him at first while he recovers.
Bad timing for Hart, who is in the last year of his contract and was looking for an extension for the Brewers. He’s going to have to prove his health and effectiveness first, however.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires