Jan 18, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Bad news: the Brewers just announced that Corey Hart will have right knee surgery next Tuesday. The recovery time: three to four months.
Hart missed time last year with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. It was his first season as the Brewers’ first baseman, where he took over for Prince Fielder. Mat Gamel will likely cover for him at first while he recovers.
Bad timing for Hart, who is in the last year of his contract and was looking for an extension for the Brewers. He’s going to have to prove his health and effectiveness first, however.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 56
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)