Jan 18, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Bad news: the Brewers just announced that Corey Hart will have right knee surgery next Tuesday. The recovery time: three to four months.
Hart missed time last year with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. It was his first season as the Brewers’ first baseman, where he took over for Prince Fielder. Mat Gamel will likely cover for him at first while he recovers.
Bad timing for Hart, who is in the last year of his contract and was looking for an extension for the Brewers. He’s going to have to prove his health and effectiveness first, however.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with apparent elbow injury 0
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 11
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)