Jan 18, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Bad news: the Brewers just announced that Corey Hart will have right knee surgery next Tuesday. The recovery time: three to four months.
Hart missed time last year with plantar fasciitis in his left foot. It was his first season as the Brewers’ first baseman, where he took over for Prince Fielder. Mat Gamel will likely cover for him at first while he recovers.
Bad timing for Hart, who is in the last year of his contract and was looking for an extension for the Brewers. He’s going to have to prove his health and effectiveness first, however.
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 3
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 23
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)