Jan 18, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
What does a 25-year-old reigning MVP get in his first year of arbitration eligibility?
As a “Super Two” player Posey has four years of arbitration eligibility rather than the usual three, so he remains under the Giants’ control through 2016.
The one-year deal is mostly just a formality to avoid a hearing, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com writes that the two sides will probably talk about a multi-year deal at some point before spring training begins.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)