Jan 18, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
What does a 25-year-old reigning MVP get in his first year of arbitration eligibility?
As a “Super Two” player Posey has four years of arbitration eligibility rather than the usual three, so he remains under the Giants’ control through 2016.
The one-year deal is mostly just a formality to avoid a hearing, but Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com writes that the two sides will probably talk about a multi-year deal at some point before spring training begins.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17