Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jose Mijares and the Giants have agreed to a one-year, $1.8 million deal, avoiding arbitration.
Last offseason the Twins oddly decided to release Mijares rather than paying him around $800,000 via arbitration and he signed with the Royals for $925,000.
He went on to have a good year in Kansas City and then San Francisco, throwing 56 innings with a 2.56 ERA, and now the Giants will keep him around for 2013 in a middle relief role. Mijares has a 3.00 ERA through 210 career innings at age 28.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 61
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)