Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Jose Mijares and the Giants have agreed to a one-year, $1.8 million deal, avoiding arbitration.
Last offseason the Twins oddly decided to release Mijares rather than paying him around $800,000 via arbitration and he signed with the Royals for $925,000.
He went on to have a good year in Kansas City and then San Francisco, throwing 56 innings with a 2.56 ERA, and now the Giants will keep him around for 2013 in a middle relief role. Mijares has a 3.00 ERA through 210 career innings at age 28.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (112)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)