Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Jose Mijares and the Giants have agreed to a one-year, $1.8 million deal, avoiding arbitration.
Last offseason the Twins oddly decided to release Mijares rather than paying him around $800,000 via arbitration and he signed with the Royals for $925,000.
He went on to have a good year in Kansas City and then San Francisco, throwing 56 innings with a 2.56 ERA, and now the Giants will keep him around for 2013 in a middle relief role. Mijares has a 3.00 ERA through 210 career innings at age 28.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)