Jan 18, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Niemann was arbitration eligible for the second time after earning $2.75 million last season and gets only a small bump in salary because he missed most of the year with a broken fibula followed by shoulder problems.
He’s expected to be fully healthy for spring training and will be back in the middle of the Rays’ rotation, where the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.06 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 92 career starts.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 35
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 4
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)