Jan 18, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Marson was arbitration eligible for the first time at age 27 after logging between 235 and 295 plate appearances in each of the past three seasons. He hasn’t developed as much as hoped offensively, hitting just .220 with a .609 OPS in 258 career games, but Marson has thrown out 32 percent of attempted steals.
He’ll once again serve as Carlos Santana‘s backup after starting 81, 74, and 64 games in the past three years.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)