Jan 18, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Marson was arbitration eligible for the first time at age 27 after logging between 235 and 295 plate appearances in each of the past three seasons. He hasn’t developed as much as hoped offensively, hitting just .220 with a .609 OPS in 258 career games, but Marson has thrown out 32 percent of attempted steals.
He’ll once again serve as Carlos Santana‘s backup after starting 81, 74, and 64 games in the past three years.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)