Jan 18, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Marson was arbitration eligible for the first time at age 27 after logging between 235 and 295 plate appearances in each of the past three seasons. He hasn’t developed as much as hoped offensively, hitting just .220 with a .609 OPS in 258 career games, but Marson has thrown out 32 percent of attempted steals.
He’ll once again serve as Carlos Santana‘s backup after starting 81, 74, and 64 games in the past three years.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27