Jan 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
Hey look, a rare multi-year deal on a day filled with one-year contracts!
Stammen had been arbitration eligible for the first time after the right-handed reliever threw 88 innings with a 2.34 ERA and 87/36 K/BB ratio last season. As a “Super Two” player he’ll still have two more years of arbitration eligibility after the two-year contract is up, so Stammen is under the Nationals’ control through 2016.
He’ll fill a middle relief role in what is a pretty scary Nationals bullpen.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)