Jan 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Hey look, a rare multi-year deal on a day filled with one-year contracts!
Stammen had been arbitration eligible for the first time after the right-handed reliever threw 88 innings with a 2.34 ERA and 87/36 K/BB ratio last season. As a “Super Two” player he’ll still have two more years of arbitration eligibility after the two-year contract is up, so Stammen is under the Nationals’ control through 2016.
He’ll fill a middle relief role in what is a pretty scary Nationals bullpen.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show