Jan 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Hey look, a rare multi-year deal on a day filled with one-year contracts!
Stammen had been arbitration eligible for the first time after the right-handed reliever threw 88 innings with a 2.34 ERA and 87/36 K/BB ratio last season. As a “Super Two” player he’ll still have two more years of arbitration eligibility after the two-year contract is up, so Stammen is under the Nationals’ control through 2016.
He’ll fill a middle relief role in what is a pretty scary Nationals bullpen.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)