Jan 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Hey look, a rare multi-year deal on a day filled with one-year contracts!
Stammen had been arbitration eligible for the first time after the right-handed reliever threw 88 innings with a 2.34 ERA and 87/36 K/BB ratio last season. As a “Super Two” player he’ll still have two more years of arbitration eligibility after the two-year contract is up, so Stammen is under the Nationals’ control through 2016.
He’ll fill a middle relief role in what is a pretty scary Nationals bullpen.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29