Jan 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Hey look, a rare multi-year deal on a day filled with one-year contracts!
Stammen had been arbitration eligible for the first time after the right-handed reliever threw 88 innings with a 2.34 ERA and 87/36 K/BB ratio last season. As a “Super Two” player he’ll still have two more years of arbitration eligibility after the two-year contract is up, so Stammen is under the Nationals’ control through 2016.
He’ll fill a middle relief role in what is a pretty scary Nationals bullpen.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (96)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)