Jan 18, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that the Rockies are interested in three pitchers:
All three are gambles, of course. Jurrjens is coming off a horrific season and his health has been a question mark. Webb hasn’t pitched in years due to major injures. Lowe is healthy but obviously at the end of the line and, man, if that sinker didn’t sink at Coors Field, it would be ugly.
As Renck mentions, though, there are a lot of arms in the running for the Rockies’ rotation — He mentions Jorge De La Rosa, Jeff Francis, Jhoulys Chacin, Juan Nicasio, Drew Pomeranz, Christian Friedrich and Tyler Chatwood — so it’s not like the Rockies are banking on any of these three scratch-off lottery tickets to pay off.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8