Jan 18, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that the Rockies are interested in three pitchers:
All three are gambles, of course. Jurrjens is coming off a horrific season and his health has been a question mark. Webb hasn’t pitched in years due to major injures. Lowe is healthy but obviously at the end of the line and, man, if that sinker didn’t sink at Coors Field, it would be ugly.
As Renck mentions, though, there are a lot of arms in the running for the Rockies’ rotation — He mentions Jorge De La Rosa, Jeff Francis, Jhoulys Chacin, Juan Nicasio, Drew Pomeranz, Christian Friedrich and Tyler Chatwood — so it’s not like the Rockies are banking on any of these three scratch-off lottery tickets to pay off.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)