Jan 18, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that the Rockies are interested in three pitchers:
All three are gambles, of course. Jurrjens is coming off a horrific season and his health has been a question mark. Webb hasn’t pitched in years due to major injures. Lowe is healthy but obviously at the end of the line and, man, if that sinker didn’t sink at Coors Field, it would be ugly.
As Renck mentions, though, there are a lot of arms in the running for the Rockies’ rotation — He mentions Jorge De La Rosa, Jeff Francis, Jhoulys Chacin, Juan Nicasio, Drew Pomeranz, Christian Friedrich and Tyler Chatwood — so it’s not like the Rockies are banking on any of these three scratch-off lottery tickets to pay off.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming