Jan 18, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that the Rockies are interested in three pitchers:
All three are gambles, of course. Jurrjens is coming off a horrific season and his health has been a question mark. Webb hasn’t pitched in years due to major injures. Lowe is healthy but obviously at the end of the line and, man, if that sinker didn’t sink at Coors Field, it would be ugly.
As Renck mentions, though, there are a lot of arms in the running for the Rockies’ rotation — He mentions Jorge De La Rosa, Jeff Francis, Jhoulys Chacin, Juan Nicasio, Drew Pomeranz, Christian Friedrich and Tyler Chatwood — so it’s not like the Rockies are banking on any of these three scratch-off lottery tickets to pay off.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- The Lester trade is a win-win 97
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 153
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (156)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)