Jan 18, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
The Mets aren’t likely to compete in 2013 and, as such, keeping Travis d’Arnaud‘s service time clock from starting would probably be a wise thing for the Mets to do. And they probably will, but Sandy Alderson isn’t saying that’s a mortal lock:
“I just don’t want to rule anything out,” Alderson said. “But at the same time, I don’t want to create false expectations for our fans or put pressure on Travis. He hasn’t played since last June (because of a knee injury). . . . As far as Opening Day is concerned, he could be with us. But we have a very capable veteran in John Buck as well.
Sounds like if d’Arnaud clearly beats Buck out in camp, the job is his. But if I’m betting I say he starts the year in Las Vegas.
Get it? Betting? Vegas? I, uh … don’t bother, I’ll show myself out.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Kris Bryant walked the Rockies off and then the Rockies sent Troy Tulowitzki off.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:19 AM EDT
Breaking down the Blue Jays-Rockies blockbuster.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:34 AM EDT
The Blue Jays have reportedly pulled off a stunner, acquiring Troy Tulowitzki from the Rockies.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
We know that the Dodgers are likely to add a pitcher or two before Friday’s non-waiver trade deadline, but could they also deal Yasiel Puig in the process?
Jul 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EDT
The Nationals were reportedly looking at a reunion with Tyler Clippard before the Athletics traded him to the Mets tonight, but there’s a chance they could do something a lot bigger to strengthen the back-end of their bullpen.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez rang in his 40th birthday tonight by doing exactly what he’s been doing for much of the past 20 years.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Markakis played his first nine seasons in the majors with the Orioles before signing a four-year, $44 million contract with the Braves last December.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:22 PM EDT
The Astros acquired Scott Kazmir from the Athletics last week, but they are still thinking big as they make a push for the postseason.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
Tolleson is available for tonight’s game against the Yankees.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:01 PM EDT
Greene’s 6.72 ERA is the highest among all MLB pitchers with at least 80 innings pitched.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:08 PM EDT
Weaver has been out since July 20 with left hip inflammation.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Clippard and Jeurys Familia should give the Mets a potent late-inning combo.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Hamstring and calf injuries have limited Victorino to just 33 games this season.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:41 PM EDT
For Hamels to approve a trade there, however, the expression of interest would have to be mutual.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
He’s officially a free agent.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He’ll face Toronto.
Jul 27, 2015, 3:04 PM EDT
Strasburg is coming back from a strained oblique muscle.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Could be a prank. Part of me actually hopes it is because it’d be hilarious. But it could just be a new way of breakin’ a scoop.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
AT&T Park was tops last year. Maybe those Soylent Green burgers they’re noted for aren’t as vegetarian-friendly as we thought?
Jul 27, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
And it isn’t a title he gave himself.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 14
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 80
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 20
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)