Jan 19, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Via Hal McCoy’s personal blog on the Dayton Daily News website:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
You get a seat in the press box next to McCoy for every home game and he will pick up the tab for gas (55 cents per mile). McCoy has covered the Reds since 1972. He coined the title “Big Red Machine.” He’s in the Hall of Fame. He won the J.G. Taylor Spink Award. Pete Rose. Johnny Bench. Joe Morgan. Barry Larkin. Ken Griffey Jr. Marge Schott. What a way to spend a summer.
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 9
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 0
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 136
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 9
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (138)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)