Jan 19, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Via Hal McCoy’s personal blog on the Dayton Daily News website:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
You get a seat in the press box next to McCoy for every home game and he will pick up the tab for gas (55 cents per mile). McCoy has covered the Reds since 1972. He coined the title “Big Red Machine.” He’s in the Hall of Fame. He won the J.G. Taylor Spink Award. Pete Rose. Johnny Bench. Joe Morgan. Barry Larkin. Ken Griffey Jr. Marge Schott. What a way to spend a summer.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)