Jan 19, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Via Hal McCoy’s personal blog on the Dayton Daily News website:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
You get a seat in the press box next to McCoy for every home game and he will pick up the tab for gas (55 cents per mile). McCoy has covered the Reds since 1972. He coined the title “Big Red Machine.” He’s in the Hall of Fame. He won the J.G. Taylor Spink Award. Pete Rose. Johnny Bench. Joe Morgan. Barry Larkin. Ken Griffey Jr. Marge Schott. What a way to spend a summer.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)