Jan 19, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Via Hal McCoy’s personal blog on the Dayton Daily News website:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
You get a seat in the press box next to McCoy for every home game and he will pick up the tab for gas (55 cents per mile). McCoy has covered the Reds since 1972. He coined the title “Big Red Machine.” He’s in the Hall of Fame. He won the J.G. Taylor Spink Award. Pete Rose. Johnny Bench. Joe Morgan. Barry Larkin. Ken Griffey Jr. Marge Schott. What a way to spend a summer.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)