Jan 19, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Via Hal McCoy’s personal blog on the Dayton Daily News website:
As most of you know, I am legally blind and unable to drive. For the past five years, my friend Larry Glass has been my driver from Dayton to Cincinnati and back for Cincinnati Reds home games.
Unfortunately, Larry has some health issues and won’t be able to drive this year, leaving me with no transportation to and from Reds games.
So…is there anybody out there with nothing much to do on their hands who would like to see most of the Reds home homes this season…for free.
You get a seat in the press box next to McCoy for every home game and he will pick up the tab for gas (55 cents per mile). McCoy has covered the Reds since 1972. He coined the title “Big Red Machine.” He’s in the Hall of Fame. He won the J.G. Taylor Spink Award. Pete Rose. Johnny Bench. Joe Morgan. Barry Larkin. Ken Griffey Jr. Marge Schott. What a way to spend a summer.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)