Jan 19, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Yahoo! Sports’ Tim Brown reports that left-hander Craig Breslow has avoided arbitration with the Red Sox by agreeing to a two-year contract, pending a physical. He’s guaranteed a total $6.25 million while the contract includes an option for 2015. The deal could max out at $10.15 million.
Breslow requested $2.375 million and was offered $2.325 million from the Red Sox when arbitration figures were exchanged yesterday, so it was assumed that it wouldn’t take long to hammer out an agreement. The 32-year-old is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter, so the new deal buys out at least his first year of free agency.
Breslow posted a 2.70 ERA and 61/22 K/BB ratio over 63 1/3 innings last season between the Diamondbacks and Red Sox. He has compiled a 3.00 ERA over seven major league seasons.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
Bryce Harper didn’t have an official at-bat tonight, but he still made a major impact in the Nationals’ 15-1 blowout victory over the Braves.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Stroman threw 4 2/3 hitless innings in his first minor league rehab start.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:29 PM EDT
Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias was forced to exit Thursday’s game against the Royals in the third inning when he was hit in the hand while trying to drop down a bunt.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
The Dodgers called up top prospect Corey Seager today and manager Don Mattingly isn’t wasting any time getting him into the starting lineup…
Sep 3, 2015, 8:46 PM EDT
Murphy had a stint on the disabled list earlier this season due to a left quad strain.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
Strasburg left his most recent start on Sunday with discomfort in his upper back, but he’s on track to make his return for a crucial series against the Mets next week.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
McCutchen feels “a little sore” and has been “hobbling around a little bit,” so he’ll take a rest before a big series against the Cardinals this weekend.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
ESPN has pulled Schilling from their broadcasts for the remainder of the season.
Sep 3, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT
Sentiments like these — of which I’ve seen a few — makes me wonder about Ruben Amaro.
Sep 3, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
His glute injury proved minor.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:51 PM EDT
He was suffering from dehydration yesterday.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Finally, Tom Brady and Boston sports fans get a win!
Sep 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Shut down for the season with a hip injury.
Sep 3, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
This is must-click link material.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
Kevin Jepsen will fill in at closer.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:38 AM EDT
Not that either of those things are valid reasons to keep a guy out of the Hall of Fame.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
Considered by many to be the No. 1 prospect in baseball.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:25 AM EDT
But teams should be coming to him.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:55 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw strikes out 15 as the Dodgers sweep the Giants.
Sep 3, 2015, 12:12 AM EDT
Justin Turner was going to be out by a mile on this ill-advised stolen base attempt in the bottom of the fourth inning Wednesday night at Dodger Stadium, but he got a little creative …
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)