Jan 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin has the big scoop:
David Wright is off the market. And we’re not referring to the eight-year contract he signed last month.
Weeks after model Molly Beers accompanied Wright to the winter meetings for his contract-extension announcement, the couple became engaged over the holidays, Wright told ESPNNewYork.com.
No wedding date has yet been set.
It’s been a pretty enjoyable offseason so far for Wright, who landed a $138 million contract extension in early December.
The 30-year-old third baseman batted .306/.391/.492 with 21 home runs and 93 RBI in 2012.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 9
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 9
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)