Jan 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin has the big scoop:
David Wright is off the market. And we’re not referring to the eight-year contract he signed last month.
Weeks after model Molly Beers accompanied Wright to the winter meetings for his contract-extension announcement, the couple became engaged over the holidays, Wright told ESPNNewYork.com.
No wedding date has yet been set.
It’s been a pretty enjoyable offseason so far for Wright, who landed a $138 million contract extension in early December.
The 30-year-old third baseman batted .306/.391/.492 with 21 home runs and 93 RBI in 2012.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105