Jan 20, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin has the big scoop:
David Wright is off the market. And we’re not referring to the eight-year contract he signed last month.
Weeks after model Molly Beers accompanied Wright to the winter meetings for his contract-extension announcement, the couple became engaged over the holidays, Wright told ESPNNewYork.com.
No wedding date has yet been set.
It’s been a pretty enjoyable offseason so far for Wright, who landed a $138 million contract extension in early December.
The 30-year-old third baseman batted .306/.391/.492 with 21 home runs and 93 RBI in 2012.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)