St. Louis Post-Dispatch honors Stan Musial

Jan 20, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has probably the best local baseball coverage of any newspaper in the country. You’ll want to read everything you can find over there today. Here’s a shot of Sunday’s front page:

source:

1. paperlions - Jan 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Even the Blues Honored Musial by winning their season opener last night 6-0, silly, I know. But still pretty cool.

• jeffthomasb - Jan 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM

You’re not the only one thinking that way– a friend of mine posted after the Blues games that they’d “hung a Musial on the Wings”– would love to see this get into general usage. It’ll never happen, but one can dream.

2. datdangdrewdundunituhgin - Jan 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

my sincerest condolences to the cardinal family and st. louis. i always thought of him as st. louis version of al kaline, but after reading up on him i realize that we in detroit have our own version of stan the man. farewell to an amazing player and fellow fan of the game, we need more stan musials in our world.

3. mazblast - Jan 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Stan was the ultimate in class and dignity. What a true gentleman. I never met him, and I’m not a Cards fan, but I’ll miss him.

4. deathmonkey41 - Jan 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I’m also a Rams fan, so I read the STL Post Dispatch a lot. Their football coverage is pretty good too. It’s definitely different than reading NY and Philly papers- which is what I’m used to normally.

5. zipsports - Jan 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Reblogged this on zipsports and commented:
    Great job by the St. Louis Post Dispatch

6. zipsports - Jan 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Thanks for his. I reblogged it. I found this interesting. According to his family, he always said “If you are not 15 minutes early, then you are late”….well, number six passed away last night at 5:45, 15 minutes before six. Yesterday’s high temp in St. Louis was 66, and the Blues won 6-0 last night. Crazy.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3104)