Jan 20, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
American historian Michael Beschloss shares this classic image of Stan Musial and then-president John F. Kennedy having a laugh just before the start of the 1962 All-Star Game at District of Columbia Stadium:
Musial, who died at his home in St. Louis on Saturday evening at the age of 92, campaigned for JFK in the fall of 1960. “Stan the Man” later served as chair of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports from 1964 to 1967 under Lyndon B. Johnson, who can also be seen in the above photograph.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona