Jan 20, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
American historian Michael Beschloss shares this classic image of Stan Musial and then-president John F. Kennedy having a laugh just before the start of the 1962 All-Star Game at District of Columbia Stadium:
Musial, who died at his home in St. Louis on Saturday evening at the age of 92, campaigned for JFK in the fall of 1960. “Stan the Man” later served as chair of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports from 1964 to 1967 under Lyndon B. Johnson, who can also be seen in the above photograph.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)