Jan 20, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
American historian Michael Beschloss shares this classic image of Stan Musial and then-president John F. Kennedy having a laugh just before the start of the 1962 All-Star Game at District of Columbia Stadium:
Musial, who died at his home in St. Louis on Saturday evening at the age of 92, campaigned for JFK in the fall of 1960. “Stan the Man” later served as chair of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports from 1964 to 1967 under Lyndon B. Johnson, who can also be seen in the above photograph.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)