Jan 21, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The Rangers avoided arbitration with outfielder David Murphy, agreeing to a one-year, $5.775 million contract. This was Murphy’s last go-around in arbitration. In 2012 he hit .304/.380/.479 with 15 homers.
Good for him, but won’t somebody think of the poor arbitrators who won’t be able to charge for the hearing, not to mention travel time, lunch and things like that? This is why our economy is in the tank, people.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)