Jan 21, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
The Rangers avoided arbitration with outfielder David Murphy, agreeing to a one-year, $5.775 million contract. This was Murphy’s last go-around in arbitration. In 2012 he hit .304/.380/.479 with 15 homers.
Good for him, but won’t somebody think of the poor arbitrators who won’t be able to charge for the hearing, not to mention travel time, lunch and things like that? This is why our economy is in the tank, people.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 55
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 215
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (219)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)