Jan 21, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
The Rangers avoided arbitration with outfielder David Murphy, agreeing to a one-year, $5.775 million contract. This was Murphy’s last go-around in arbitration. In 2012 he hit .304/.380/.479 with 15 homers.
Good for him, but won’t somebody think of the poor arbitrators who won’t be able to charge for the hearing, not to mention travel time, lunch and things like that? This is why our economy is in the tank, people.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)