Jan 21, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds will host the 2015 All-Star Game. MLB commissioner Bud Selig is expected to make the announcement when he’s in Cincinnati on Wednesday.
This will be the first All-Star Game at Great American Ballpark and the first in Cincinnati since 1988 at Riverfront Stadium. Many speculated that the Nationals would host the 2015 Midsummer Classic, but the decision to give it to the Reds likely takes them off the board until 2017.
This year’s All-Star Game will take place at Citi Field, home of the Mets, while the 2014 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Twins at Target Field.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 60
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 13
- The Lester trade is a win-win 104
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)