Jan 21, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds will host the 2015 All-Star Game. MLB commissioner Bud Selig is expected to make the announcement when he’s in Cincinnati on Wednesday.
This will be the first All-Star Game at Great American Ballpark and the first in Cincinnati since 1988 at Riverfront Stadium. Many speculated that the Nationals would host the 2015 Midsummer Classic, but the decision to give it to the Reds likely takes them off the board until 2017.
This year’s All-Star Game will take place at Citi Field, home of the Mets, while the 2014 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Twins at Target Field.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 1
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)