Jan 21, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
The Mets have announced that they have signed lefty reliever Pedro Feliciano to a minor league deal.
I’m assuming this is the completion of the Mets’ epic troll of the Yankees. Feliciano pitched in 86, 88 and 92 games for the Mets between 2008 and 2010, signed with the Yankees for $8 million and then missed the entirety of the 2011 and 2012 seasons with injuries.
I’m assuming he now goes in about 75-80 games for the Mets in 2013 with an ERA of about 3.10.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)