Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
The family of Stan Musial has announced his funeral arrangements, and if you’re in St. Louis and want to pay your personal respects to one of the greatest of all time, you may:
A public visitation is planned for Thursday, January 24th from 2 P.M. to 8 P.M. at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis located at 4431 Lindell Boulevard in St. Louis. The public visitation is the opportunity for fans to pay their respects.
The funeral mass will be held at the Cathedral on Saturday, January 26th at 11 A.M. His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan, Archbishop of New York and long-time friend of the Musial family, will join the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, and Bishop Richard Stika in celebrating the Mass.
After that, the funeral procession will head to Busch Stadium where the family will lay a wreath at the base of Musial’s statue. The route of the procession has yet to be announced. The Cardinals have also set up a memorial site around the Musial Statute at Gate 3 at Busch Stadium and a website where you can pay your respects.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to Covenant House or charity of the fan’s choice in the name of Stan Musial.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 105
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)