Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
The family of Stan Musial has announced his funeral arrangements, and if you’re in St. Louis and want to pay your personal respects to one of the greatest of all time, you may:
A public visitation is planned for Thursday, January 24th from 2 P.M. to 8 P.M. at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis located at 4431 Lindell Boulevard in St. Louis. The public visitation is the opportunity for fans to pay their respects.
The funeral mass will be held at the Cathedral on Saturday, January 26th at 11 A.M. His Eminence, Timothy Cardinal Dolan, Archbishop of New York and long-time friend of the Musial family, will join the Most Reverend Robert J. Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, and Bishop Richard Stika in celebrating the Mass.
After that, the funeral procession will head to Busch Stadium where the family will lay a wreath at the base of Musial’s statue. The route of the procession has yet to be announced. The Cardinals have also set up a memorial site around the Musial Statute at Gate 3 at Busch Stadium and a website where you can pay your respects.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to Covenant House or charity of the fan’s choice in the name of Stan Musial.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)