Jan 22, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
Jason Motte has two years of arbitration eligibility. Or, I should say, he had two years of arbitration eligibility. They’re gone now, as he and the Cardinals signed a two-year deal buying them out.
Motte posted a 2.75 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and struck out 86 batters while walking only 17 in 72 innings last season while saving 42 games.
The dollars: Rosenthal reports it’s $12 million plus incentives. But since you don’t write the checks, you don’t care beyond curiosity’s sake, do you?
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 42
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 74
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 18
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)