Jan 22, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
Jason Motte has two years of arbitration eligibility. Or, I should say, he had two years of arbitration eligibility. They’re gone now, as he and the Cardinals signed a two-year deal buying them out.
Motte posted a 2.75 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and struck out 86 batters while walking only 17 in 72 innings last season while saving 42 games.
The dollars: Rosenthal reports it’s $12 million plus incentives. But since you don’t write the checks, you don’t care beyond curiosity’s sake, do you?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)