Jan 22, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
The Brewers announced last week that Corey Hart was going to have knee surgery after he developed swelling in his knee. The surgery — which was to be a debridement of his knee joint and to repair a meniscal tear – was supposed to go down this week and would have put him on the shelf for 3-4 months.
But it’s not happening. At least not yet. Hart is getting a second opinion, consulting Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail, Colorado.
I’m assuming that, since he’s in Vail, they put Hart on skis and send him down the mountain. If he successfully navigates the turns and stuff, he’s clear. If not, surgery.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 30
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 9
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 40
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants