Jan 22, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
The Brewers announced last week that Corey Hart was going to have knee surgery after he developed swelling in his knee. The surgery — which was to be a debridement of his knee joint and to repair a meniscal tear — was supposed to go down this week and would have put him on the shelf for 3-4 months.
But it’s not happening. At least not yet. Hart is getting a second opinion, consulting Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail, Colorado.
I’m assuming that, since he’s in Vail, they put Hart on skis and send him down the mountain. If he successfully navigates the turns and stuff, he’s clear. If not, surgery.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)