Jan 22, 2013, 1:28 PM EST
The Brewers announced last week that Corey Hart was going to have knee surgery after he developed swelling in his knee. The surgery — which was to be a debridement of his knee joint and to repair a meniscal tear — was supposed to go down this week and would have put him on the shelf for 3-4 months.
But it’s not happening. At least not yet. Hart is getting a second opinion, consulting Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail, Colorado.
I’m assuming that, since he’s in Vail, they put Hart on skis and send him down the mountain. If he successfully navigates the turns and stuff, he’s clear. If not, surgery.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (209)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)