Jan 22, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
The Brewers announced last week that Corey Hart was going to have knee surgery after he developed swelling in his knee. The surgery — which was to be a debridement of his knee joint and to repair a meniscal tear – was supposed to go down this week and would have put him on the shelf for 3-4 months.
But it’s not happening. At least not yet. Hart is getting a second opinion, consulting Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail, Colorado.
I’m assuming that, since he’s in Vail, they put Hart on skis and send him down the mountain. If he successfully navigates the turns and stuff, he’s clear. If not, surgery.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)