Jan 22, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Paul Lukas — or rather, a reader of Paul Lukas — has a great find over at Uni Watch. A game from 1977 in which the Royals and Brewers both wore Milwuakee uniforms. Why?
A thief — or thieves — broke into the Royals’ locker room at the Milwaukee ballpark and absconded with 53 Kansas City uniforms, 20 gloves, 10 pairs of baseball shoes, and 15 warmup jackets. All but seven of the Royals were forced to wear the Brewers’ blue road uniforms.
That’s from a news story about it at the time. Lukas has some video stills of the game. He also has the best point about it: in 1977 that stuff could happen, be briefly noted and forgotten. Today: it would rule the news and the Internet and everything forever.
If you don’t believe me, just wait until the next Washington Nationals thread when someone inevitably mentions the time when the word “Nationals” was misspelled on that dude’s jersey. People still bring that up years later.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)