Jan 22, 2013, 8:56 AM EST
Felix Hernandez is under contract through the 2014 season, slated to make $19.5 million this season and $20 million next year. But the Mariners want to keep him under contract longer, Ken Rosenthal reports, and are weighing an offer: four years, $100 million, according to his source.
As for where they stand on all of that:
It is not known whether the Mariners actually have made Hernandez such an offer; one source described the two sides as “dancing” but not deeply engaged.
Sounds like my social life when I was single. Here’s hoping King Felix does better than I did sealing the deal.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40