Jan 22, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez is under contract through the 2014 season, slated to make $19.5 million this season and $20 million next year. But the Mariners want to keep him under contract longer, Ken Rosenthal reports, and are weighing an offer: four years, $100 million, according to his source.
As for where they stand on all of that:
It is not known whether the Mariners actually have made Hernandez such an offer; one source described the two sides as “dancing” but not deeply engaged.
Sounds like my social life when I was single. Here’s hoping King Felix does better than I did sealing the deal.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)