Jan 22, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez is under contract through the 2014 season, slated to make $19.5 million this season and $20 million next year. But the Mariners want to keep him under contract longer, Ken Rosenthal reports, and are weighing an offer: four years, $100 million, according to his source.
As for where they stand on all of that:
It is not known whether the Mariners actually have made Hernandez such an offer; one source described the two sides as “dancing” but not deeply engaged.
Sounds like my social life when I was single. Here’s hoping King Felix does better than I did sealing the deal.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)