Jan 22, 2013, 8:56 AM EDT
Felix Hernandez is under contract through the 2014 season, slated to make $19.5 million this season and $20 million next year. But the Mariners want to keep him under contract longer, Ken Rosenthal reports, and are weighing an offer: four years, $100 million, according to his source.
As for where they stand on all of that:
It is not known whether the Mariners actually have made Hernandez such an offer; one source described the two sides as “dancing” but not deeply engaged.
Sounds like my social life when I was single. Here’s hoping King Felix does better than I did sealing the deal.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 3
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 2
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)