Jan 22, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
For as long as I can recall, Sandy Koufax has shown up at Mets spring training to do a little coaching of Mets pitchers and a little meet-and-greet kind of thing each year. This owing to his friendship with Mets owner Fred Wilpon.
I wonder if that’s all over, because the Los Angeles Dodgers announced today that Koufax has been hired as a special assistant to chairman Mark Walter, to work with Dodgers pitchers in Spring Training and to serve as a consultant throughout the year.
A nice move for the Dodgers, both substantively and for p.r. purposes, and, with all due respect to the Mets, a much more appropriate team for Sandy Koufax to associate himself with each spring.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59