Jan 22, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
For as long as I can recall, Sandy Koufax has shown up at Mets spring training to do a little coaching of Mets pitchers and a little meet-and-greet kind of thing each year. This owing to his friendship with Mets owner Fred Wilpon.
I wonder if that’s all over, because the Los Angeles Dodgers announced today that Koufax has been hired as a special assistant to chairman Mark Walter, to work with Dodgers pitchers in Spring Training and to serve as a consultant throughout the year.
A nice move for the Dodgers, both substantively and for p.r. purposes, and, with all due respect to the Mets, a much more appropriate team for Sandy Koufax to associate himself with each spring.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)