Jan 22, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
Wait, Bobby Crosby? The guy who hasn’t played since 2010 and wasn’t all that good when he played? Yup, that’s him:
#Brewers sign IF Bobby Crosby to minor-league contract w spring-training invite. Deal worth $800K if he makes club w $450K in incentives.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 22, 2013
He’s got to be considered a long shot to make the team. In his last big league action he hit .220/.294/.298 with one home run in 168 at-bats between the Pirates and Diamondbacks. Still, with a minor league deal he’s basically risk-free for the Brewers and could provide some depth if he makes the club.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15