Jan 22, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Wait, Bobby Crosby? The guy who hasn’t played since 2010 and wasn’t all that good when he played? Yup, that’s him:
#Brewers sign IF Bobby Crosby to minor-league contract w spring-training invite. Deal worth $800K if he makes club w $450K in incentives.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 22, 2013
He’s got to be considered a long shot to make the team. In his last big league action he hit .220/.294/.298 with one home run in 168 at-bats between the Pirates and Diamondbacks. Still, with a minor league deal he’s basically risk-free for the Brewers and could provide some depth if he makes the club.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11