Jan 22, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
Wait, Bobby Crosby? The guy who hasn’t played since 2010 and wasn’t all that good when he played? Yup, that’s him:
#Brewers sign IF Bobby Crosby to minor-league contract w spring-training invite. Deal worth $800K if he makes club w $450K in incentives.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 22, 2013
He’s got to be considered a long shot to make the team. In his last big league action he hit .220/.294/.298 with one home run in 168 at-bats between the Pirates and Diamondbacks. Still, with a minor league deal he’s basically risk-free for the Brewers and could provide some depth if he makes the club.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)