Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
UPDATE: It actually happened. Here’s our post.
10:52 AM: This is proof that God exists and wants me to be happy. From Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com:
Sources tell CSNPhilly.com that the Phils are seriously considering signing free-agent Delmon Young. Amaro, who typically keeps matters of free-agency close to his vest, did not deny that. “We’ve kicked around a lot of stuff,” he said. “He’s among them.”
Young hit .267/.296/.411 with 18 homers and 74 RBI in 574 at-bats last season, which simply does not cut it for a guy with close to zero defensive value.
As it stands right now, the Phillies outfield would be Darin Ruff, Ben Revere and Domonic Brown. Frankly, I’d try my chances with those guys before giving any money to Young. If they don’t work, there will likely be someone like him freely available — or close to freely available — after the season begins. Maybe even him.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)