Jan 23, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the story:
The biggest All-Star moment in Cincinnati history was Pete Rose barreling over Ray Fosse to end the 1970 game at Riverfront Stadium.
Will Rose be allowed to participate in the 2015 ceremonies when Cincinnati hosts?
“I’m not going to comment on that today,” commissioner Bud Selig said.
Rose attends Reds home games fairly regularly, is still celebrated around the city, and seems likely to make his presence felt at Great American Ball Park during the 2015 Midsummer Classic whether Major League Baseball’s commissioner wants him there or not.
Selig claims that he plans to retire following the 2014 season, so it won’t really be his issue to deal with.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12