Jan 23, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the story:
The biggest All-Star moment in Cincinnati history was Pete Rose barreling over Ray Fosse to end the 1970 game at Riverfront Stadium.
Will Rose be allowed to participate in the 2015 ceremonies when Cincinnati hosts?
“I’m not going to comment on that today,” commissioner Bud Selig said.
Rose attends Reds home games fairly regularly, is still celebrated around the city, and seems likely to make his presence felt at Great American Ball Park during the 2015 Midsummer Classic whether Major League Baseball’s commissioner wants him there or not.
Selig claims that he plans to retire following the 2014 season, so it won’t really be his issue to deal with.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)