Jan 23, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the story:
The biggest All-Star moment in Cincinnati history was Pete Rose barreling over Ray Fosse to end the 1970 game at Riverfront Stadium.
Will Rose be allowed to participate in the 2015 ceremonies when Cincinnati hosts?
“I’m not going to comment on that today,” commissioner Bud Selig said.
Rose attends Reds home games fairly regularly, is still celebrated around the city, and seems likely to make his presence felt at Great American Ball Park during the 2015 Midsummer Classic whether Major League Baseball’s commissioner wants him there or not.
Selig claims that he plans to retire following the 2014 season, so it won’t really be his issue to deal with.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8