Jan 23, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the story:
The biggest All-Star moment in Cincinnati history was Pete Rose barreling over Ray Fosse to end the 1970 game at Riverfront Stadium.
Will Rose be allowed to participate in the 2015 ceremonies when Cincinnati hosts?
“I’m not going to comment on that today,” commissioner Bud Selig said.
Rose attends Reds home games fairly regularly, is still celebrated around the city, and seems likely to make his presence felt at Great American Ball Park during the 2015 Midsummer Classic whether Major League Baseball’s commissioner wants him there or not.
Selig claims that he plans to retire following the 2014 season, so it won’t really be his issue to deal with.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29