Jan 23, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the story:
The biggest All-Star moment in Cincinnati history was Pete Rose barreling over Ray Fosse to end the 1970 game at Riverfront Stadium.
Will Rose be allowed to participate in the 2015 ceremonies when Cincinnati hosts?
“I’m not going to comment on that today,” commissioner Bud Selig said.
Rose attends Reds home games fairly regularly, is still celebrated around the city, and seems likely to make his presence felt at Great American Ball Park during the 2015 Midsummer Classic whether Major League Baseball’s commissioner wants him there or not.
Selig claims that he plans to retire following the 2014 season, so it won’t really be his issue to deal with.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him