Jan 23, 2013, 9:06 AM EDT
The Rays are in search of a designated hitter, and with Delmon Young off the table, the options are dwindling. Which has them looking at bringing back an old friend: Luke Scott. Marc Topkin reports that there’s a “mutual interest” between Scott and the Rays at a reunion.
Scott hit a Delmon Young-esque .229/.285/.439 with 14 homers and a .725 OPS last season, but I suppose if the options are poor, you go with the devil you know.
Upside: if he stays with the Rays I’ll be able to continue using the pic that accompanies this post for several more months. I really, really love this pic.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)