Jan 23, 2013, 9:06 AM EDT
The Rays are in search of a designated hitter, and with Delmon Young off the table, the options are dwindling. Which has them looking at bringing back an old friend: Luke Scott. Marc Topkin reports that there’s a “mutual interest” between Scott and the Rays at a reunion.
Scott hit a Delmon Young-esque .229/.285/.439 with 14 homers and a .725 OPS last season, but I suppose if the options are poor, you go with the devil you know.
Upside: if he stays with the Rays I’ll be able to continue using the pic that accompanies this post for several more months. I really, really love this pic.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 18
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 44
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)