Jan 23, 2013, 9:06 AM EDT
The Rays are in search of a designated hitter, and with Delmon Young off the table, the options are dwindling. Which has them looking at bringing back an old friend: Luke Scott. Marc Topkin reports that there’s a “mutual interest” between Scott and the Rays at a reunion.
Scott hit a Delmon Young-esque .229/.285/.439 with 14 homers and a .725 OPS last season, but I suppose if the options are poor, you go with the devil you know.
Upside: if he stays with the Rays I’ll be able to continue using the pic that accompanies this post for several more months. I really, really love this pic.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)