Jan 23, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
This was reported the other day, but now it’s official:
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) January 23, 2013
The announcement was made by Commissioner Selig who is in Cincinnati today to make another announcement as well: Major League Baseball’s $1.5 million to the development of the Reds MLB Urban Youth Academy. It’s a new facility that will provide free, year-round baseball and softball instruction and educational programs to kids in the Queen City.
2015 will mark the All-Star Game’s first visit to Cincinnati since 1988. Which I still think of as Chris Sabo’s coming out party. Chris Sabo just turned 51. I feel very old.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona