Jan 23, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
This was reported the other day, but now it’s official:
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) January 23, 2013
The announcement was made by Commissioner Selig who is in Cincinnati today to make another announcement as well: Major League Baseball’s $1.5 million to the development of the Reds MLB Urban Youth Academy. It’s a new facility that will provide free, year-round baseball and softball instruction and educational programs to kids in the Queen City.
2015 will mark the All-Star Game’s first visit to Cincinnati since 1988. Which I still think of as Chris Sabo’s coming out party. Chris Sabo just turned 51. I feel very old.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)