Jan 23, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Herrera asked for a $1 million salary and was offered $800,000 by the Colorado front office when figures were exchanged late last week. It didn’t take very long for the two sides to find the middle ground.
Herrera, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, batted .262/.317/.351 over 86 games last season. He was used defensively at second base, third base and shortstop.
The 28-year-old native of Venezuela is a .259/.323/.324 career hitter in the major leagues.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)