Jan 23, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Dodgers left-hander Scott Elbert underwent a “left elbow arthroscopy” on Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles. This is Elbert’s second elbow surgery in the last four months. He will require a six-week rehab and is doubtful to be ready for Opening Day.
Elbert posted a superb 2.20 ERA in 43 appearances last season for the Dodgers. The 27-year-old owns a 3.61 career ERA in 92 1/3 total big league innings.
The Dodgers — intimately aware of Elbert’s lingering elbow problems — signed lefty reliever J.P. Howell to a one-year, $2.85 million free agent contract earlier this month.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15