Jan 23, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Maybe I would have phrased this differently, but Buster is a big enough deal to where he can put it however he likes:
D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed; ATL said to be in hard on this. They’re likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
Olney later tweeted that the Braves are said to have made a “strong offer” for Upton, and that that Dbacks are considering it now.
I know reading reporter tweets for deep meaning is, well, kinda silly. But I do read a lot of reporter tweets and I think I’ve developed a bit of a knack of figuring out when they think something is really gonna happen, but just can’t say so officially yet. Buster’s tweets about this are setting off my “he knows more than he’s letting on” radar. Makes me think this deal is close.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)