Jan 23, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
Maybe I would have phrased this differently, but Buster is a big enough deal to where he can put it however he likes:
D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed; ATL said to be in hard on this. They’re likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
Olney later tweeted that the Braves are said to have made a “strong offer” for Upton, and that that Dbacks are considering it now.
I know reading reporter tweets for deep meaning is, well, kinda silly. But I do read a lot of reporter tweets and I think I’ve developed a bit of a knack of figuring out when they think something is really gonna happen, but just can’t say so officially yet. Buster’s tweets about this are setting off my “he knows more than he’s letting on” radar. Makes me think this deal is close.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)