Jan 23, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
Maybe I would have phrased this differently, but Buster is a big enough deal to where he can put it however he likes:
D-Backs talks with the Braves about JUpton have resumed; ATL said to be in hard on this. They’re likely the frontrunner, if JUpton is dealt.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) January 23, 2013
Olney later tweeted that the Braves are said to have made a “strong offer” for Upton, and that that Dbacks are considering it now.
I know reading reporter tweets for deep meaning is, well, kinda silly. But I do read a lot of reporter tweets and I think I’ve developed a bit of a knack of figuring out when they think something is really gonna happen, but just can’t say so officially yet. Buster’s tweets about this are setting off my “he knows more than he’s letting on” radar. Makes me think this deal is close.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)