Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
This is not the first we’ve heard of the O’s interest in him, as Jon Heyman reported it a couple of weeks ago. But the fact that there is still a dialogue means that the interest remains on the Orioles’ part and that, in all likelihood, there is mutual interest in getting a deal done.
Kubel is due $7.5 million next year in the final guaranteed year of his contract. He hit .253/.327/.506 with 30 homers and 90 RBI in his first year with the Diamondbacks.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 23
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 29
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)