Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
This is not the first we’ve heard of the O’s interest in him, as Jon Heyman reported it a couple of weeks ago. But the fact that there is still a dialogue means that the interest remains on the Orioles’ part and that, in all likelihood, there is mutual interest in getting a deal done.
Kubel is due $7.5 million next year in the final guaranteed year of his contract. He hit .253/.327/.506 with 30 homers and 90 RBI in his first year with the Diamondbacks.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)