Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 AM EST
This is not the first we’ve heard of the O’s interest in him, as Jon Heyman reported it a couple of weeks ago. But the fact that there is still a dialogue means that the interest remains on the Orioles’ part and that, in all likelihood, there is mutual interest in getting a deal done.
Kubel is due $7.5 million next year in the final guaranteed year of his contract. He hit .253/.327/.506 with 30 homers and 90 RBI in his first year with the Diamondbacks.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)