Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
This is not the first we’ve heard of the O’s interest in him, as Jon Heyman reported it a couple of weeks ago. But the fact that there is still a dialogue means that the interest remains on the Orioles’ part and that, in all likelihood, there is mutual interest in getting a deal done.
Kubel is due $7.5 million next year in the final guaranteed year of his contract. He hit .253/.327/.506 with 30 homers and 90 RBI in his first year with the Diamondbacks.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)