Jan 24, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
This is not a BSOHL post. This is a mere update to an injured player post. The player: Reds ace Johnny Cueto, who last we saw, was leaving the playoffs thanks to a bum oblique muscle. His general manager says he’s doing much better now, however:
“Cueto’s in great shape,” Walt Jocketty said. “We just saw him in the Dominican. We had a group of people there, and they said he’s in great physical shape. He feels good, the side is good, he’s throwing. He should be 100 percent.”
That’s good news for the Reds. They had a great rotation last year, but they were extremely reliant on the top 5 guys, as opposed to rotation depth. They need Cueto and everyone else to be healthy in order to repeat.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'