Jan 24, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Paulino, who turns 32 in April, batted .254 (16-for-63) with three doubles, five RBI and a .567 OPS in 20 games with the Orioles last season. He has a .700 OPS over eight seasons in the majors, including an .844 OPS against southpaws.
The Mariners traded John Jaso to the Athletics last week in the three-team Michael Morse deal, so Jesus Montero currently projects to get the majority of the playing time behind the plate. Paulino could serve as the backup, though the Mariners will likely continue to look for depth in the days ahead.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 4
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 18
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)