Jan 24, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reports that the Rays have re-signed right-handed reliever Kyle Farnsworth to a one-year free agent contract. The deal will carry a base salary of about $1.5 million and will include another $1.5 million in performance-based bonuses.
It’s not a bad score for the 36-year-old, who had a weak 4.00 ERA and 1.33 WHIP in 27 innings last season for the Rays while fighting elbow problems.
Farnsworth — if healthy — will function as a setup man this summer behind closer Fernando Rodney.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)