Jan 24, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reports that the Rays have re-signed right-handed reliever Kyle Farnsworth to a one-year free agent contract. The deal will carry a base salary of about $1.5 million and will include another $1.5 million in performance-based bonuses.
It’s not a bad score for the 36-year-old, who had a weak 4.00 ERA and 1.33 WHIP in 27 innings last season for the Rays while fighting elbow problems.
Farnsworth — if healthy — will function as a setup man this summer behind closer Fernando Rodney.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)