Jan 24, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Well, this might be the most Carl Pavano injury ever. According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the veteran right-hander recently suffered a ruptured spleen when he slipped and fell while shoveling snow in his driveway in Vermont. Ouch.
Pavano will be sidelined for 6 to 8 weeks as a result of the mishap, which means he’ll be out until mid-to-late March. Rosenthal hears that the Rockies and Mets were among the teams that showed interest in him prior to the injury, but it’s unlikely that any team will bite until he’s back to full health.
Pavano missed most of last season with a shoulder injury, finishing with an ugly 6.00 ERA over 67 innings with the Twins. He turned 37 earlier this month.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)