Jan 24, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Well, this might be the most Carl Pavano injury ever. According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the veteran right-hander recently suffered a ruptured spleen when he slipped and fell while shoveling snow in his driveway in Vermont. Ouch.
Pavano will be sidelined for 6 to 8 weeks as a result of the mishap, which means he’ll be out until mid-to-late March. Rosenthal hears that the Rockies and Mets were among the teams that showed interest in him prior to the injury, but it’s unlikely that any team will bite until he’s back to full health.
Pavano missed most of last season with a shoulder injury, finishing with an ugly 6.00 ERA over 67 innings with the Twins. He turned 37 earlier this month.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17