Jan 24, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Well, this might be the most Carl Pavano injury ever. According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the veteran right-hander recently suffered a ruptured spleen when he slipped and fell while shoveling snow in his driveway in Vermont. Ouch.
Pavano will be sidelined for 6 to 8 weeks as a result of the mishap, which means he’ll be out until mid-to-late March. Rosenthal hears that the Rockies and Mets were among the teams that showed interest in him prior to the injury, but it’s unlikely that any team will bite until he’s back to full health.
Pavano missed most of last season with a shoulder injury, finishing with an ugly 6.00 ERA over 67 innings with the Twins. He turned 37 earlier this month.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)