Jan 24, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
Well, this might be the most Carl Pavano injury ever. According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the veteran right-hander recently suffered a ruptured spleen when he slipped and fell while shoveling snow in his driveway in Vermont. Ouch.
Pavano will be sidelined for 6 to 8 weeks as a result of the mishap, which means he’ll be out until mid-to-late March. Rosenthal hears that the Rockies and Mets were among the teams that showed interest in him prior to the injury, but it’s unlikely that any team will bite until he’s back to full health.
Pavano missed most of last season with a shoulder injury, finishing with an ugly 6.00 ERA over 67 innings with the Twins. He turned 37 earlier this month.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)