Jan 24, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported earlier today that the Diamondbacks would try to flip prospect shortstop Nick Ahmed, one of the pieces from the Justin Upton deal, as part of a trade for Tigers’ right-hander Rick Porcello. However, Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers downplayed his interest in such a scenario this afternoon.
Assuming Towers holds firm, the fifth spot in Arizona’s starting rotation will come down to Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs and the newly-acquired Randall Delgado. Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley project to occupy the other four spots. Daniel Hudson is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery and should be ready to rejoin the rotation around midseason if all goes well.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39