Jan 24, 2013, 8:05 PM EST
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported earlier today that the Diamondbacks would try to flip prospect shortstop Nick Ahmed, one of the pieces from the Justin Upton deal, as part of a trade for Tigers’ right-hander Rick Porcello. However, Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers downplayed his interest in such a scenario this afternoon.
Assuming Towers holds firm, the fifth spot in Arizona’s starting rotation will come down to Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs and the newly-acquired Randall Delgado. Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley project to occupy the other four spots. Daniel Hudson is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery and should be ready to rejoin the rotation around midseason if all goes well.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)