Jan 24, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported earlier today that the Diamondbacks would try to flip prospect shortstop Nick Ahmed, one of the pieces from the Justin Upton deal, as part of a trade for Tigers’ right-hander Rick Porcello. However, Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers downplayed his interest in such a scenario this afternoon.
Assuming Towers holds firm, the fifth spot in Arizona’s starting rotation will come down to Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs and the newly-acquired Randall Delgado. Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley project to occupy the other four spots. Daniel Hudson is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery and should be ready to rejoin the rotation around midseason if all goes well.
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 0
- Futures Game lineups: Team USA vs. Team World 5
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 19
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 3
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)