Jan 24, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported earlier today that the Diamondbacks would try to flip prospect shortstop Nick Ahmed, one of the pieces from the Justin Upton deal, as part of a trade for Tigers’ right-hander Rick Porcello. However, Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers downplayed his interest in such a scenario this afternoon.
Assuming Towers holds firm, the fifth spot in Arizona’s starting rotation will come down to Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs and the newly-acquired Randall Delgado. Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley project to occupy the other four spots. Daniel Hudson is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery and should be ready to rejoin the rotation around midseason if all goes well.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (106)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (80)