Jan 24, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported earlier today that the Diamondbacks would try to flip prospect shortstop Nick Ahmed, one of the pieces from the Justin Upton deal, as part of a trade for Tigers’ right-hander Rick Porcello. However, Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers downplayed his interest in such a scenario this afternoon.
Assuming Towers holds firm, the fifth spot in Arizona’s starting rotation will come down to Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs and the newly-acquired Randall Delgado. Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley project to occupy the other four spots. Daniel Hudson is currently making his way back from Tommy John surgery and should be ready to rejoin the rotation around midseason if all goes well.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million