Jan 24, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
#Dbacks expect to sign new 3B Prado, a free agent after 2013, to long-term extension in the near future, source said. Only way deal was made
— Jack Magruder (@JackMagruder) January 24, 2013
Prado has requested $7 million in arbitration this year, so his long-term deal will likely be around $10 million a year? A bit more? I like Prado as a player, but that seems awfully high to commit to a guy with his track record who will be 30 when he hits free agency. Prado’s value has always been his versatility and hoe solid he is. That’s great when you’re team-controlled. It’s not so great when you start making eight figures a year. For that, you need more upside than Prado has ever shown.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel