Jan 24, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
No details on the dollars yet, and the deal is pending a physical. Also no word on whether the Rays require that Scott provide his birth certificate to prove his identity at the time the contract is signed. Because if they can counterfeit $100 bills, I think it’s a million times easier to counterfeit physical results, if you ask me. So, all it is, let’s just see if it’s real. Anybody can produce a urine sample, so let’s check it out.
Scott hit .229/.285/.439 for the Rays last year. But he’ll be way cheaper this year after the Rays declined Scott’s $6 million option.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)