Jan 24, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
No details on the dollars yet, and the deal is pending a physical. Also no word on whether the Rays require that Scott provide his birth certificate to prove his identity at the time the contract is signed. Because if they can counterfeit $100 bills, I think it’s a million times easier to counterfeit physical results, if you ask me. So, all it is, let’s just see if it’s real. Anybody can produce a urine sample, so let’s check it out.
Scott hit .229/.285/.439 for the Rays last year. But he’ll be way cheaper this year after the Rays declined Scott’s $6 million option.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)