Jan 24, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
No details on the dollars yet, and the deal is pending a physical. Also no word on whether the Rays require that Scott provide his birth certificate to prove his identity at the time the contract is signed. Because if they can counterfeit $100 bills, I think it’s a million times easier to counterfeit physical results, if you ask me. So, all it is, let’s just see if it’s real. Anybody can produce a urine sample, so let’s check it out.
Scott hit .229/.285/.439 for the Rays last year. But he’ll be way cheaper this year after the Rays declined Scott’s $6 million option.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8