Jan 24, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
No details on the dollars yet, and the deal is pending a physical. Also no word on whether the Rays require that Scott provide his birth certificate to prove his identity at the time the contract is signed. Because if they can counterfeit $100 bills, I think it’s a million times easier to counterfeit physical results, if you ask me. So, all it is, let’s just see if it’s real. Anybody can produce a urine sample, so let’s check it out.
Scott hit .229/.285/.439 for the Rays last year. But he’ll be way cheaper this year after the Rays declined Scott’s $6 million option.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 40
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)