Jan 24, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
No details on the dollars yet, and the deal is pending a physical. Also no word on whether the Rays require that Scott provide his birth certificate to prove his identity at the time the contract is signed. Because if they can counterfeit $100 bills, I think it’s a million times easier to counterfeit physical results, if you ask me. So, all it is, let’s just see if it’s real. Anybody can produce a urine sample, so let’s check it out.
Scott hit .229/.285/.439 for the Rays last year. But he’ll be way cheaper this year after the Rays declined Scott’s $6 million option.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 0
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 23
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 45
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)