Jan 24, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
No details on the dollars yet, and the deal is pending a physical. Also no word on whether the Rays require that Scott provide his birth certificate to prove his identity at the time the contract is signed. Because if they can counterfeit $100 bills, I think it’s a million times easier to counterfeit physical results, if you ask me. So, all it is, let’s just see if it’s real. Anybody can produce a urine sample, so let’s check it out.
Scott hit .229/.285/.439 for the Rays last year. But he’ll be way cheaper this year after the Rays declined Scott’s $6 million option.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 0
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 171
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (171)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)