Jan 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
In the days leading up to spring training you will hear a lot of stories about bulky guys losing weight or trying to get more flexible and a lot of stories about skinny guys bulking up. Yesterday there was a story about Dan Uggla that filled the former slot. This is the latter:
Sale gaining weight offseason. Will open 180-185. Was 168 start of camp last yr
— Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan) January 25, 2013
This doesn’t get a BSOHL because Sale is still a baby and that dude is going to be in the Best Shape of His Life no matter what he does. Really, you don’t start breaking down and feeling awful until you’re pushing 30.
God, I feel old.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)