Jan 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
In the days leading up to spring training you will hear a lot of stories about bulky guys losing weight or trying to get more flexible and a lot of stories about skinny guys bulking up. Yesterday there was a story about Dan Uggla that filled the former slot. This is the latter:
Sale gaining weight offseason. Will open 180-185. Was 168 start of camp last yr
— Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan) January 25, 2013
This doesn’t get a BSOHL because Sale is still a baby and that dude is going to be in the Best Shape of His Life no matter what he does. Really, you don’t start breaking down and feeling awful until you’re pushing 30.
God, I feel old.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (119)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)