Jan 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
In the days leading up to spring training you will hear a lot of stories about bulky guys losing weight or trying to get more flexible and a lot of stories about skinny guys bulking up. Yesterday there was a story about Dan Uggla that filled the former slot. This is the latter:
Sale gaining weight offseason. Will open 180-185. Was 168 start of camp last yr
— Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan) January 25, 2013
This doesn’t get a BSOHL because Sale is still a baby and that dude is going to be in the Best Shape of His Life no matter what he does. Really, you don’t start breaking down and feeling awful until you’re pushing 30.
God, I feel old.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)