Jan 25, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
In the days leading up to spring training you will hear a lot of stories about bulky guys losing weight or trying to get more flexible and a lot of stories about skinny guys bulking up. Yesterday there was a story about Dan Uggla that filled the former slot. This is the latter:
Sale gaining weight offseason. Will open 180-185. Was 168 start of camp last yr
— Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan) January 25, 2013
This doesn’t get a BSOHL because Sale is still a baby and that dude is going to be in the Best Shape of His Life no matter what he does. Really, you don’t start breaking down and feeling awful until you’re pushing 30.
God, I feel old.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)