Jan 25, 2013, 2:12 PM EST
Brewers spokesperson Mike Vassallo reports that Dr. William Raasch performed a debridement of [Hart's] knee joint surface and repaired a “small” meniscal tear. Recovery time is expected to be four months.
Hart will be back in late May, at the earliest. Until then it’s Mat Gamel. Try to contain your excitement, Brewers fans.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (103)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (85)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)