Jan 25, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The Yankees avoided arbitration with setup man David Robertson today, agreeing to a one-year, $3.1 million contract. This was his second go-around in arbitration, so he and the Bombers will do this again next year.
Robertson posted a 2.67 ERA and 81/19 K/BB ratio over 60 2/3 innings last season. He’s one of the league’s top setup men, obviously, and at $3.1 million still represents a bargain.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 25
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims