Jan 25, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The Yankees avoided arbitration with setup man David Robertson today, agreeing to a one-year, $3.1 million contract. This was his second go-around in arbitration, so he and the Bombers will do this again next year.
Robertson posted a 2.67 ERA and 81/19 K/BB ratio over 60 2/3 innings last season. He’s one of the league’s top setup men, obviously, and at $3.1 million still represents a bargain.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)