Jan 25, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The Yankees avoided arbitration with setup man David Robertson today, agreeing to a one-year, $3.1 million contract. This was his second go-around in arbitration, so he and the Bombers will do this again next year.
Robertson posted a 2.67 ERA and 81/19 K/BB ratio over 60 2/3 innings last season. He’s one of the league’s top setup men, obviously, and at $3.1 million still represents a bargain.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)