Jan 25, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
The Yankees avoided arbitration with setup man David Robertson today, agreeing to a one-year, $3.1 million contract. This was his second go-around in arbitration, so he and the Bombers will do this again next year.
Robertson posted a 2.67 ERA and 81/19 K/BB ratio over 60 2/3 innings last season. He’s one of the league’s top setup men, obviously, and at $3.1 million still represents a bargain.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)