Jan 26, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Mike Napoli lost out on a three-year deal due to a diagnosis of avascular necrosis. But Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that the condition was caught early and is not supposed to get worse over time. Indeed, his doctor says Napoli “has a very good chance that that hip will heal and he’ll go on to a long productive career.”
That may make Napoli feel a little better, but he’s still out $34 million in guaranteed money after the diagnosis.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)