Jan 26, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Mike Napoli lost out on a three-year deal due to a diagnosis of avascular necrosis. But Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that the condition was caught early and is not supposed to get worse over time. Indeed, his doctor says Napoli “has a very good chance that that hip will heal and he’ll go on to a long productive career.”
That may make Napoli feel a little better, but he’s still out $34 million in guaranteed money after the diagnosis.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17