Jan 26, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Mike Napoli lost out on a three-year deal due to a diagnosis of avascular necrosis. But Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that the condition was caught early and is not supposed to get worse over time. Indeed, his doctor says Napoli “has a very good chance that that hip will heal and he’ll go on to a long productive career.”
That may make Napoli feel a little better, but he’s still out $34 million in guaranteed money after the diagnosis.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59